Ongoing Healing

Healing from emotional trauma is a lifelong journey. No matter what caused the pain you feel; it shapes you as a person and changes who you are. 

Some days I feel almost healed from the emotional pain of the incidents that led me  to walk away from my first family. But then in a quiet moment the memories creep back in to the forefront of my mind. 

This morning I woke at 4.30am, my husband was asleep next to me but in the dark of the night I felt alone. Alone with my thoughts. That's when the memories flourish. Painful memories hide in the dark corners of the mind awaiting the perfect moment when the conscious mind is muted. 

These moments are fewer and farther between as I progress through my grief and emotional trauma but they still happen. 

It's all part of the journey of healing. 
 

Popular Posts