My Cycle of Anguish

 As I reflect on 8 months of my emotional recovery, I want to share some thoughts about what I noticed was happening as I grieved not only my mother but also my position in my first family who traumatized me in my hour of grief. 

I thought and said the same things over and over again on a constant loop. My mind was desperately trying to make sense of the events that lead me to walk away from my abusive first family.

I used writing as a strategy to help me through those awful hours, days and weeks, but there are many other options such as counseling. 

This blog and my Catharsis book are public forums but cathartic writing doesn't have to be published. It can sooth your soul just by the act of putting pen to paper and admitting the truth of events.






Popular Posts