It could've been different...

It was my father's decision to believe my pothead, alcoholic sister's version of events and his subsequent verbal abuse and blame directed at me that eventually ended our relationship.
Dementia had exacerbated his worst qualities; anger, violence, narcissisms. 

I would have looked after him until the day he died, to honor my mother's wishes if my life had not been threatened by the PAWT (pothead, alcoholic, white, trash) sister. The other first family members present in the 2 days after that incident made no attempt to intervene to make it clear her behavior was unacceptable. So I found the strength to walk away from my first family the day before my mother's funeral.

My father would never forgive me for not attending. But he made his choice. 

So I walked away from that violent family and decided it was a part of my history.

 

Popular Posts