Grief

In February 2020 I experienced emotional trauma in the days after my mother's death. Although her death no doubt affected my mindset the event that truly fractured my psyche was my pothead, alcoholic sister making violent threats towards me not even a week after my mothers death.
I grew up witnessing domestic violence perpetrated by my father against my mother. I had failed to fully deal with those feelings as an adult and so this instance of  a threat of family violence shook me to my very core. I tried to stay strong for my father, but I was experiencing suicidal thoughts as a result of the insensitive and dangerous disagreement. Within 2 days I began to have a complete break down emotionally. My despair was absolute. I fled my first family's home (a place my mother had always made me feel welcome) before my mother's funeral thanks to the help of my husband and eldest son. I was determined never to return to that place which now only bought me extreme pain.

In this blog I will share some of my story and the insights I gained into dealing with my emotional trauma. 

I wrote a book detailing the events of that week at Veone the Australian farm that my parents had called home for decades. The book is available on Amazon, click here for a link to my author page on Amazon:

AQ Author Page

and it is also available through other reputable online book retailers.

Popular Posts