Distraction as a tool of recovery!

Recovery from emotional trauma takes time. For months now I've cried daily. I could never have imagined grief being this painful. Losing my mother was a terrible moment, that pain was exacerbated by threats of violence by my sister and verbal abuse from my father. I'm slowly processing this emotional trauma but most of the hours of each day I'm just trying to stay busy. 

So I'm making face masks for donation to essential workers and at risk members of the community. I used floral fabric from my mother's fabric stash to make masks for a local domestic violence shelter:
It was a cathartic process.
My amazing friend Krystal Kitzman used a photograph to paint this picture of my mum, it's such a beautiful gift.
My mother deserved better treatment from my first family; she was an amazing mother and grandmother.
RIP - you are safe now.

Popular Posts